From 1 August 2017 the National College for Motorsport became part of The Bedford College Group, also comprising Bedford College, The Bedford Sixth Form and Shuttleworth College.
‘Good’ in all areas
In September 2019, The Bedford College Group was inspected by Ofsted. The highlights are listed below and the full report is also available to download.
- The Bedford College Group has been graded as Good across all areas inspected and for Overall effectiveness
- The inspection carried out on 23-26 September 2019 is one of the first FE colleges to be inspected under Ofsted’s new framework launched this year.
- Students at the Group develop the skills and knowledge required by employers
- Students feel safe at one of the Group’s campuses.
- Students benefit from regular contact with employers and understand fully the industries in which they intend to work. They are prepared well for their next steps
- Detailed research from leaders in the Group ensures a broad curriculum choice is available across college sites
- The subjects and levels offered match the needs of the local and regional priorities.
- Most apprentices increase their confidence at work.
- Teachers plan programmes to develop the skills that students need….[they] use information about the skills students have, very effectively.
- Students are clear about how to get from where they are to their intended future employment